The business class on the A380 is exceptional. You have about two seat space to yourself, one is your seat and the other is your bar fridge and space to sit things. I can lie down completely and sleep, I can go to the bar at the back - which BJK and I do, I can watch my personal television (which I do). You can do about anything - they feed us well and drinks are readily available. 13 hours though is a long trip. I watched "The American" with George Clooney and "The Social Network". Both excellent. I slept for a good bit of the time but sleep was usually for a few hours then wake and repeat. Despite the apparent luxury it was still a long trip. I was able to watch progress of the flight on the TV but that still made it seem just as long. We came to Australia from the West but rather than coming over land we flew down and across the ocean and entered the Australian land mass via Adelaide, Wagga Wagga and Canberra. No complaints we still go here safely. Prior to leaving Dubai, we were delayed for about 1 hour due to a restriction by the neighbouring country which limits the number of flights in their airspace each hour. Not sure why we were late originally but that delayed things another 40 minutes.
Arrival in Sydney was good. Sunshine out the windows and reports of temperatures in the low to mid 20s. We were kept on the tarmac for awhile as there was one or more people sick in economy and paramedics and quarantine were called before we could exit the plane. In the end the second level (us) were allowed to leave after about 15 minutes but the economy level remained. Not sure how long that was for. After such a long trip I am sure they would be just as keen as I was to be off the plane.
Getting through passport control was great with the smart passport - absolutely no problem. Immigration was quick as were customs and any other entry requirements. Our cars were waiting as planned. This was the time to say goodbye to the B's. Of course I had to have hugs and kisses and they complied so we parted at this point.
My car was delayed, however, and I needed to share the limousine as with the flight arriving late the limousine service was under some pressure. Despite this delay I arrived at Doreens and was very glad to see her.
Saturday 22nd was spent watching the tennis, sleeping and not eating too much. I was not feeling 100% and went to bed without watching all the tennis. My body was sore like I was about to get a cold but without the sniffles. I had a broken sleep but at about 5am the birds started singing in the trees and I knew I was back in Australia. The sun was shining and all looked good.
Had a light breakfast with Doreen and several more sleeps and slow packing of the car. I eventually left at 11am and except for a stop at Ourimbah, I drove straight through. It was good to see familiar towns, streets and the house.
I arrived home a few minutes after 1pm. Rang Doreen and Judy and then watched tennis and slept again.
By now the only things I have eaten are water and toast with marmite.
24th January - the end of the story. The girls arrive home at just after 7am and they are beautiful. Polly is excited to see me, running through the house, into the bedroom and back to me. Jumping and skipping everywhere. Penny is more subdued but takes her time checking things out and then continually is rubbing against me. The stars are alligned again and all is well with my world.
Love the photos!!!
ReplyDelete