The evening (about 22nd December) I met with Robyn Considine for dinner and she told me she was keeping a blog on the building of her new home and suggested I might like to do the same with my overseas trip. As you can see I have taken her suggestion seriously.
We are travelling with Emirates www.emirates.com/english and as we are doing the first and final legs business class we have the opportunity of using the ‘chauffeur-drive’ service. And we are. There are conditions which you will find on the website but as I am leaving from Sydney it all works out.
The whole preparation process can be daunting with advice about what to take and what not to take, the size of luggage, preparation for long flights, dressing for cold weather, layers, walking, living in hotels etc. All the advice I got was very good. In the end it all worked to varying degrees – largely associated with my determination to use the advice or not.
I also want to mention that the B’s have done a lot of the itinerary work identifying accommodation and restaurants. I also have assistance from a friend Atina Vertzonis at Travel World, Lake Haven http://www.travelworld.com.au with all the day tours I have now included in the itinerary.
Date | Time | Location |
Friday, 24 December 2010 | 8:00am | Girls collected to go to Akuna |
Travel to Sydney to stay with Doreen | ||
Check in and boarding passes from internet - BJL | ||
Saturday, 25 December 2010 | Christmas Day with Doreen | |
2:00pm | Chauffeur-Drive to Airport | |
7:50pm | EK419 25DEC SYDNEY DUBAI 1950 0555 +1 (26DEC) | |
Depart Sydney for Dubai - 17hours and 5 minutes | ||
Sunday, 26 December 2010 | 5:55am | Arrive Dubai |
7:25am | Depart for Madrid | |
EK141 DUBAI MADRID 0725 1220 | ||
12:20pm | Arrive Madrid | |
Sunday, 26 December 2010 | 2:00pm | Madrid - Arenal Suite |
Monday, 27 December 2010 | all day | On off tour of Madrid - all |
9:00pm | Casa Lucio Classic Spanish dinner -all | |
Tuesday, 28 December 2010 | 8:45am | Royal Palace and Panoramic tour - Pullmantur - 4 hours |
Wednesday, 29 December 2010 | 9:45am | Tour of Toledo- all - Pullmantur Terminal - 8½ hours |
8:00pm | La Chintas - dinner and flamenco - all | |
Thursday, 30 December 2010 | ||
Friday, 31 December 2010 | ||
Saturday, 1 January 2011 | ||
Sunday, 2 January 2011 | ||
Monday, 3 January 2011 | 10:30am | Travel by fast train Madrid to Barcelona |
Hotel Granados, Barcelona | ||
Tuesday, 4 January 2011 | 9:45am | Sightseeing City - Barcelona - 3½ hours |
La Sagrada Familia | ||
Wednesday, 5 January 2011 | 9:30am | Sightseeing Montserrat - Pullmantur - 5 hours |
Thursday, 6 January 2011 | Leave Hotel Grandos today | |
11:35am | Leave Barcelona for Venice - fly - arrive | |
1:15pm | Arrive for Accommodation in Venice | |
Friday, 7 January 2011 | Booked into Pensione Accademia | |
9:10am | Sightseeing tour Venice - 2 hours - Tourist Office Albatravel | |
Saturday, 8 January 2011 | 2:15pm | Three Island Tour - 3½ hours - Serenissima Boat Station |
Sunday, 9 January 2011 | ||
Monday, 10 January 2011 | Depart Accommodation for Bologna | |
> 12md | Bologna - Art Hotel Commercianti | |
Tuesday, 11 January 2011 | ||
Wednesday, 12 January 2011 | < 12md | |
Florence Grand Hotel Cavour | ||
Thursday, 13 January 2011 | Sightseeing - 2 Galleries | |
Friday, 14 January 2011 | ||
Saturday, 15 January 2011 | Rome - Natale del Grande 27 scala A | |
Sunday, 16 January 2011 | ||
Monday, 17 January 2011 | 9:45am | Colosseum and others -3hours - Colle Oppio - Dark Rome |
Tuesday, 18 January 2011 | 9:15am | Sightseeing Vatican - 3 hours - Viale Vatican |
Wednesday, 19 January 2011 | ||
Thursday, 20 January 2011 | 5:00pm | Leave this afternoon for Airport |
8:35pm | Leave Rome for Dubai 20.35 | |
EK96 ROME DUBAI 2035 0505 +1 (21JAN) | ||
Friday, 21 January 2011 | 5:05am | Arrive Dubai then leave for Sydney 5005 - 1015 |
10:15am | Depart Dubai for Sydney - 13hrs 40 mins | |
EK412 DUBAI SYDNEY 1015 0655 +1 (22JAN) | ||
Saturday, 22 January 2011 | 6:55am | Arrive Sydney |
7:30am | Chauffeur-Drive to Doreen’s | |
Sunday, 23 January 2011 | Travel back to Newcastle | |
Monday, 24 January 2011 | 8:00am | Girls return home today |
Skyways | ||
Passport | ||
I arranged travel insurance with Medibank Private at a cost of $175.50 | ||
Airfare = $5,684.00 + taxes ($130.00 approx.) |
I have attempted to prepare the girls for this trip by telling them about their resort holiday but they seem not to take any notice. I keep giving them reassurance I will be back and that they are loved - again no particular response. Do you know the girls?
This is Penny and she is about 2 years old - perhaps 3 but holds her age well. Independent and cuddly. Visits the neighbours regularly but is not inclined to be too friendly. Always returns when she hears me drive in or enter the house. Loves to sleep in the garage or under the hedge in the back yard. Rather a good hunter unfortunately and I am often involved in rescue missions - most of them successfully.
Most of you will know about Polly. Everyone thinks she is my favourite except Penny knows that isn't true. Polly is about 8 or 9 years old, adorable with a cute little lower jaw that slightly protrudes over her upper teeth - looks charming. She loves attention. Has a following in the street with the newspaper man; neighbours; Max and Mick; and anyone else who walks by regularly with or without a dog. I cannot keep up with her social contacts. Likes to think she is in charge of everything but loves me even when I have to tell her I am really in charge here.
Polly has a sore inflamed foot and is now on medication after having both an anti-biotic and anti-inflammatory injection. I am sure she will be alright.
No comments:
Post a Comment